Saturday, November 14, 2009

The Window to run was small and we took advantage

Great day, we decided to run the Holiday Heros 5K in Riverton, only $5. It snowed before and after we ran, it was actually had sunshine. But, the money goes to help families in the local area. I ran with Michelle M. and Mom. We ran 5 miles before the race that started at 10:00. Then we ran with about 100 people. I ran pretty hard and didn't intend to run my hardest but I ended up with a 21:38, 5K which was 10 sec faster than last week in St George. It ended up 6:54 average. It may have been because Michelle was pushing me all the time. But, it was fun and it felt good even after the 5mile warm up. It was around a 9:00 warm up we were with Mom. We also got a sweet keychain with a Sheriff badge, and Christmas ornament. I will post a picture later. Oh, I came in 3rd overall, and Michelle was the first woman. Mom also ran good, she was a couple of seconds slower than last week, but she was good.
5K
6:35
7:15, hills
7:12, more hills

1 comment:

  1. Dang Pops, you're out setting PR's left and right. I can't wait to come out there and run with ya.

    ReplyDelete