Saturday, November 7, 2009

11/7/09 - Ryan T3 TRI RACE



Garmin Connect - Activity Details for T3 Tri

So I did the Orem T3 Tri today. 5K run, 10 mile Bike, 350 m Swim. It was a lot of fun even though I was my own fan. It went run, bike, swim. The weather was around 40 at the start but then warmed up nicely when the sun came out. It was a great November saturday. The race went out at a good pace. I kind of hung back a bit and then saw a guy that was moving quick so I tried to follow him. My first mile was 5:19. That is the fastest I have ran in a long time. The funny thing is, is that I thought I was going slow. It felt pretty easy, so that is good news. The second and third miles were slower, there was a big hill during mile 2 and I gained a bit of ground on the leader but not too much. I finished the run in second place. The leader was probably 30-40 seconds ahead, but that is just a guess. I left my watch in running mode do I don't have good splits. I am waiting for the race to post them on line.

I felt pretty good on the bike. I felt like I was pushing hard the whole time and racing hard. I got passed by one guy on the bike at about mile 9. It was a 5 mile loop that we did twice. There is a nasty steep hill that we hit twice also. I kept it on the big chain the whole time though and got out of the saddle to ride the hill hard. I am not sure how fast or slow my bike was, but only 1 guy passed me so that is good.

I got into the pool about 1 length (50m) behind second place and about175m behind the leader. He was so far ahead and obviously had a strong run and bike. I ended up finishing 3rd overall about 1 minute behind second and 3.5 minutes behind the winner. Second place stayed the same distance a head of me the whole swim, so I was happy. I will post my official time and splits when they are posted online. My overall time was 54:09, I think. I forgot to stop my watch when I got out of the pool so that is why that time is slower.

For my third overall finish I won a Road ID bracelet, so if I get hit by a car people will know who I am and who to contact. I got a nice Saucony running visor and a medal. I also won a prize in the raffle. A huge bottle of Vanilla Hammer Gel and a little carrying bottle. So all in all it was a good day, and the shirts are pretty sweet to.

Today is Davis' birthday...he is 2. We are having cake and ice cream along with a balloon lady tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment