Wednesday, October 28, 2009

10/27/09 - Jeff

Garmin Connect - Activity Details for 4 Mile Lindsey Loop

Well, I went out from Lindsey's house again last night and we definitely have your storm coming our way. It was pretty nasty weather because of the wind. It was raining/hail and the wind was blowing pretty hard. For the first two miles it was in my face, but then coming back it was at my back so that was nice.

I tested out the virtual partner feature last night and it rocks the hizzy. You set it to whatever pace you want to run and then as soon as you start it splits the screen into 3 different parts and shows you have far ahead or behind you are, how many feet/miles ahead or behind you are and also just the two runners. If the screen has white letters on a black background you know you're behind pace , but if it's black letters on a white background (normal) you are ahead of pace. This would be the perfect feature for a marathon because you can put the exact pace you want to run and then at say mile 15 you can look at it and know exactly how many minutes ahead or behind your pace you are. It's nice because now you don't have to do the math in your head.

I tested it out by setting the pace to 7:00 min and thought I would just run easy. Well I thought it was kind fun to see how far ahead of the pace man I could get so of course it turned into a medium/hard run, but it was fun to test it out. Here were my stats.

Date: Tuesday October 27, 2009 - 7:47 PM
Intensity: MEDIUM - Rain/Hail Mix
Mile 1 - 6:31
Mile 2 - 6:34
Mile 3 - 6:39
Mile 4 - 6:48
Mile .67 - 4:16
Average - 6:36
Distance - 4.67 miles
Overall Time - 30:50

Looks like skinny man Pops has decided that now that he's lost so much weight he no longer needs to train....interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment